The Kiwanis Club of Bridgeville, Delaware is actively involved in the communities of Bridgeville and Greenwood, Delaware. Below you will find a list of the community service projects that we support and participate in.
1. Put up and take down the Christmas lights in the towns of Bridgeville and Greenwood.
2. Have purchased smoke detectors for homes within the community.
3. Sponsor the home decorating contests at Christmas time and the Apple/Scrapple festival.
4. Participated in the March of Dimes Walk-a-thon.
5. Support the food bank at the Union United Methodist Church.
6. Support Delaware Hospice each year.
7. Put up and take down the American Flags in the town of Bridgeville for Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.
8. Purchased winter jackets for needy children at a cost of $2,000.
9. Support Kent/Sussex Industries.
10. Rebuilt the children's playground at the Union United Methodist Church. This playground is open to all children within the community.
11. Organize and support the community prayer breakfast.
12. Provide 40 food baskets for the needy during the Christmas season.
13. Purchase clothing and toys for needy children at Christmas.
14. Made major renovations to the community center in the Walker Mill community. Our K-Kids use this facility.
15. Support through donations to the Eliminate Project. This is a Kiwanis International effort to eliminate infant tetanus.
16. Provide hotdogs after school for our K-Kids in the Walker Mill Community.
17. Provide scholarships to graduating seniors each year for students living within the Woodbridge School District.
18. Helped purchase the three speed indicator signs for the town of Bridgeville.
19. Spread new mulch on the church playground.